Friday 18 November 2016

Drill speed controller

Because I made drill press and I am not able to controlling speed of drilling with it, because my drill can arestment only max speed of drilling, I made this little simple box to control speed of drill.
See my instructables where is, how to make this coiled cord which I used in this instructables.
(http://www.inicong.com/2016/11/coiled-cord.html)


Step 1: Materials


1. The main part of this project is 220V speed controller which I bought on aliexpress, it cost about 2$.
It can be used like Thermostat, speed controller or to control brightness of bulb.
2. One wall socket.
3. Cable
4. Box or material for box
5. Glue

1Pcs 220V 2000W Speed Controller SCR Voltage Regulator Dimming Dimmers Thermostat Free / Top Sale
http://s.aliexpress.com/Bri2yeYF
(from AliExpress Android)

Step 2: Wiring


Wiring is very simple.
Just connect input cable to input holes, it doesn't matter which cable on which hole.
Wall socket is connected to another two holes.
If you used cable with 3 wires, the yellow-green wire from cable connect directly to socket.

Step 3: Making box






I made box from plywood squares which I glued together, drilled holes and mounted socket and controller.

Step 4: Finish


Now just connect regulator into electricity and drill (or another tool or light) into this box. And, you can easily control it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment